Monday, September 17, 2018

Justice For Children Internship SERVICE LO7

September 12, 2018: 1 Hour 
Today I started to review and take notes regarding the documentation attached with an intake form for a sexual abuse case. I began with reading the notes that Angela (a child advocate) had taken from a phone call, and I searched a few court hearing forms for references to possibly useful documentation. By getting the opportunity to review case files, I feel that my strong attentiveness to detail is being well utilized, and although I have lead a privileged life, I am able to use the provided information to imagine a child's situation, and empathize enough with them to know that they should be entitled to my effort and help. For this entry I believe that I have fulfilled the Service aspect of CAS and have achieved the following learning outcome: Recognize and consider the ethics of choices and actions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment