Monday, November 5, 2018

Justice For Children Internship SERVICE LO6

5 November 2018: 4 Hours
Today I finished reviewing the Child and Youth Services reports for the case which I had begun to look over on the twenty second of October. Through these reports, I was given first hans insight into the opinions and beliefs of the child being abused (as I was given the opportunity to review the transcript). I found this interesting as the child seemed aware of the situation that she was in, and was able to deduce some of the reasons why her mother acted toward her in a neglectful manner. For starters she stated that her mother would often seek support from her (the abused child) by discussing the stressors in her life, however, responded passively and indifferently to the results of psychological evaluations which had diagnosed the child with various emotional and mental health disorders. Additionally, the mother of the child would often leave her in their apartment for hours alone or overnight. Further, she is reluctant to provide proper medical examinations and check-ups for the child. Today, I believe that I have fulfilled the service aspect of CAS and the following learning outcome: Demonstrate engagement with issues of global significance.

No comments:

Post a Comment