Saturday, February 8, 2020

Watercolour Flowers For Yearbook CREATIVITY LO1

8 February 2020

For the school yearbook, I completed ten watercolor flowers to be included on some of the pages, and to add to the theme of growth which our school yearbook will be based on. Each grade level will be represented by a different color of flower, and they will be used as a background design. This process included remaining in contact with the yearbook committee, and learning about which flowers and which colors they were interested in having. Following this, I created sketches for ten different flowers, and used a combination of acrylic paint and watercolor pencils to create different shades and senses of dimension to complete each of the paintings. This process taught me to develop my artistic skills because I am familiar with using acrylic paint; however, watercolor is a medium which I am less familiar with. Also, this project will have a positive impact on the school community because people who wish to remember this school year with sentiment will also be able to look at the art of a student from that year, which will make the yearbook seem personal. This fulfills the creativity aspect of CAS because I used my creative skills to create the different flowers, and make them look realistic, this also fulfilled the first learning outcome: Identify your own strengths, and develop areas for personal growth,  because I developed my skills to use watercolor paint, so that I will be able to create other paintings in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment